Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sound Deadening, Part 6

I spent a little time yesterday and today finishing up the sound deadening on the sail panel areas. I cannot stress enough how much easier it is to cut and fit pieces after first using a paper template. It saves a lot of guesswork and mistakes.

It also allows you to cut out the shapes in a way that will provide for the least amount of waste. In this case not waste, but rather scraps that can be used in other places where smaller pieces are needed. I divided this template into two pieces so that it would leave larger more usable pieces once removed.

As you can see the piece I cut for above the wheel well was a perfect fit.

This is the remaining piece to that first template and I was able to cut it out of a smaller scrap.

It also fit perfectly.

I made a template to fit the small section to the left of the speaker opening, and another to fit the small area just above the speaker opening.

The passenger side sail panel area is finished!

I was able to reuse the template from the other side for area above the wheel well by just flipping it. I only had to make the smallest adjustments.

The other templates were able to be used the same way. The only template that did not work was the one for the small area just above the speaker opening.

Luckily I had the perfect scrap piece for that and now the driver side sail panel area is finished, too.

Tomorrow I plan to work on the rear trunk area where the tail lights mount. My goal is to finish the sound deadening this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment