I started this morning by making sure the tape was still firmly attached in all the areas I masked off last night.
First coat of undercoating on the firewall:
Second coat of undercoating on the firewall:
I bought a whole roll of that red vinyl material. I like the way it looks on my work bench, so I covered my rolling work bench and my refrigerator/freezer top also.
After the undercoating had dried, I removed the masking. I had my camerawoman back, so I have action shots now. :)
I had wrapped all the stainless steel lines with masking tape. The tape went on a lot easier than it came off, but it protected well.
Here is the coated firewall:
I just need to give this a coat of BlackCote so it matches the rest of the engine bay and this will be finished. Maybe tomorrow...