I spent a little time this afternoon adding some more sound deadening to the transmission hump. There is a lot of noise in this area so I ended up doubling up a little.
I also replaced the rubber grommet for the parking brake cable. I had sealed this shut with seam sealer as I will not have a parking brake in KITT. I thought it was interesting to note that the seam sealer cracked as I fit the grommet back into place. It is supposed to remain flexible, but I guess it was not intended for rubber. It should still seal the grommet.
Here you can see the grommet turned plug from the underside of the car.
Sara donated a couple of blankets to Project: K.I.T.T. and I have already put one to good use. I used it to cover the rear hatch glass, so that it stays clean and scratch free. Thanks Sara!