Today Troy and I pulled KITT's engine and transmission. I took a really quick video of the engine bay in its current state before we got started.
KITT waited patiently all night in the second bay of Troy's shop...
Troy lined the hoist up.
Troy first unhooked the wire harness. Good thing I unhooked it earlier from the inside...
Got the wires out of the way in preparation for engine removal.
Removed the distributor cap.
KITT does not like having all four wheels off the ground. Good thing the voicebox is not yet installed so he cannot whine...
Lower radiator mount with the mark of its previous owner bent up from improperly jacking the car. (This is why an owner's manual is included with your vehicle...)
I will need to replace the transmission pan, most likely with an aluminum one. Troy recommended aluminum because of the heat dissipation properties and impact resistance.
I enjoyed a Dew while we waited for the fluid to finish draining.
Four bolts down, one to go.
Next we unhooked the exhaust pipes. We had to cut the exhaust right in front of the Y in the rear before it splits to dual exhaust. We removed this entire section along with the catalytic converter.
I need to get a new bellhousing cover because the previous owner apparently removed it and did not replace it.
KITT sans engine and transmission. By the look of KITT's stance, it appears he is ready for some offroading action.