This afternoon I applied another coat of paint to the differential cover with a foam brush I picked up today.
I also applied the first coat of black POR-15 to the external parts of the fuel sending unit.
Later this evening I applied one last coat of paint to the differential cover. I have been kind of obsessive/compulsive about this, so I decided this is the last coat of paint, no matter how it looks.
Sara held the fuel sending unit while I painted a second coat of black POR-15 on it. This beats holding it with your mouth while you apply paint.
Two weekends ago when we were installing the firewall pad I had forgotten I had stuck the passenger side subframe connector in place. The fit is tight enough that it held it on its own; that is until I started moving around inside the car. The car flexed enough that the subframe connector dropped to the concrete floor and chipped the corner. I attempted to touch it up tonight with some of the red paint.