I was planning to work in the garage most of the night, but for some reason I could not get the garage to warm up. I worked out there for a while before deciding it was just too cold to work comfortably. I left the heaters running hoping that I can warm it up a little overnight so that I can work out there tomorrow.
I started by drilling out the two remaining factory rivets (the other two had been replaced by bolts) that held the regulator. Once these were drilled out I turned the two bolts out and the regulator and motor assembly was free to pull out of the door. This is not easy, but it will come out the rear access hole in the door with just a little flexing of the regulator arms.
Here is the regulator and motor assembly.
The two bolts the previous owner used were mismatched and the holes in the door were made much larger than necessary to accommodate them. I checked the donor door I found and the mounting holes on that door seem to be factory yet, so I am thankful for that.
The first project for tomorrow will be removing the power lock actuator. This is held in place by two rivets.